Thursday, November 19, 2015

Attitude of Gratitude

One of the best and easiest ways to have an even happier life is to have an attitude of gratitude!

According to Harvard Health Publications, Harvard Medical School, "gratitude is strongly and consistently associated with greater happiness. Gratitude helps people feel more positive emotions, relish good experiences, improve their health, deal with adversity, and build strong relationships." Sign me up for all of it!

It's important that you make a conscious effort everyday to be thankful. I found that starting my day with this simple question, "What am I thankful for?" sets me up perfectly. My first answer is always my family and my friends, and then usually my home. Each day I think of different items that I really appreciate like, chairs, electricity, my bed, music and the talented and creative people who invented instruments! I spend about two to five minutes thinking about and visualizing things that I am thankful for and it truly makes me happy. I highly recommend creating this habit for yourself! Start tomorrow morning. When you wake up, before getting out of bed, ask yourself, "What am I thankful for?" One morning my list included toilet paper. Now that's something to be thankful for! Have fun with your list!

You are in charge of your thoughts. Your thoughts will create your emotions. By filling your mind with thoughts of gratitude you will feel happy positive emotions! Say thank you to others as often as possible throughout the day, it will make both you and the recipient feel awesome!

The Harvard Health Publication as revealed that "a study of couples found that individuals who took the time to express gratitude for their partner not only felt more positive toward the other person but also felt more comfortable expressing concerns about their relationship."

Even if you are going through a difficult time, do your best to count your blessings instead of your heartaches.
Thank you for the medicine! Thank you for the support! Thank you that I'm not in the accident that caused all of this traffic! Thank you for the opportunity to learn!

There are times during a round of golf you need to take a moment to look around and think, "I'm thankful that I am on this beautiful golf course today!" It will ease the disappointment of a poor shot.

Make each moment of your life amazing by having an attitude of gratitude!

Be positive, live positive, golf positive!

GolfPositive.com

  

No comments:

Post a Comment